Przejdź do głównej zawartości

Tirol - meine Erasmus-Abenteuer

In today's post I would like to write something about places I visited during my stay in Tirol. This Erasmus was quite unusual because of the situation with COVID-19 but thanks to my local friends I managed to get to know this piece of the world a bit better.
To be honest, I've chosen Innsbruck because of the mountains, so the pandemic world crise didn't destroy my plans so much :)

(All of the pictures axcept from Serles were taken by me.)


Seegrube
It's a mountain station (on 1905 m) on mountain range Nordkette and perfect viewpoint - you can see the whole city of Innsbruck and the valley of Inn. There is a cable railway from the center of Innsbruck, but I went there on foot.


Ebner Joch
1957 m. Breathtaking view for Achensee - the biggest lake in Tirol. Be careful if you have something to eat, because black birds know tourists well and expect you to share with them everything you have, bread, fruit, even chocolate.

Patscherkofel
2246 m. During Winter Olimpics in 1946 and 1976 the mountain was a venue for downhill race. It is also very popular ski are during each winter, but when the spring comes you can climb it on foot and take a closer look on the plants in the Alps (f.e. Zirbenweg - a mountain trail almost overgrown with Zirbe - special mountain pine).

Serles
2718 m. According to local people, it is 'must visit' if you are in Innsbruck and you are interested in mountain hiking, but you also have to have some hiking experience since the trail is quite difficult at the end. And if you are a bit crazy (like me and my local friend) you can try to go back to Innsbruck on foot, it's just about 25 km and you can enjoy spending time in the nature.

Kemateralm
This is my favourite shelter because of the rock formation that I can watch while drinking Zirbenspritzer for example. And of course it is surronded by mountain trails.

Rosenjoch, 2796
This picture was taken on 19th of June! There was still quite a lot of snow, enough for skiing. The hard part was carrying the skis (and shoes) for about two hours, from the car to... place with some snow. But it was definitely worth it.


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Berühmte Persönlichkeiten aus Geschichte und Politik - Franz Jägerstätter

When it comes to national heroes and celebrities, I always try to take a look on 'ordinary people' who became famous just because they spent their lives living according to their convictions, values and faith. Today I would like to write a few words about Franz Jägerstätter . There are many important names connected with the World War II, but what I've found fascinating about his life is that he never actually tried to become a hero, rather he just could not avoid it. He was born in 1907 in Sankt Radegung (North Austria). His parents were so poor that they could not afford getting married; his biological father was killed during the World War I and Franz received his family name after his step-father, who decided to adopt him. As a young man, Franz could not find his place on the world, he tried to work as a miner in Styria, was a leader of a motocycle gang, had a daughter out of wedlock, and eventually came back to his family land in order to take care of his step

Essen und Trinken - landestypische Gerichte

After my first week in Innsbruck I was really suprised how much meat and sweets people eat in Austria. In Polish cities half of the restaurants is vegan and eating sweets is not popular among teenagers and young adults since being 'fit' is fashionable. When I asked locals about their eating habits, they answered: 'Well, we have mountains, we are into sports, so we can eat unhealthy'. For me eating is always an important part of traveling, so I would like to take a look at traditional Austrian food and drinks. Leberkäse Despite of the name, there is no cheese. It is a loaf with a piece of meat, usually beef, bacon, and pork cuts ground, mixed and then baked together. Traditional snack after hard working day or during night drinking. Blutwurst It is a sausage made of blood. People eat it cold or hot, also grilled. You can find versions with chilli, nuts and chocolate. Marillenknödel A fresh apricot in a dough, either a potato or quark-based, covere